Mob Wives Recap: Smells Delicious | TrashTalkTV

Mob Wives Recap: Smells Delicious

I am so confused you guys. This episode was entertaining but I am not really clear about what is actually going on. Did Alicia’s husband cheat on her with Renee’s friend Carla, or is she just pissed that he didn’t end the friendship when he should have? In either case, was Renee aware of the alleged affair or of the fact that he was supposed to have ended the friendship? I ask because Renee’s culpability in this mess seems very contingent upon what actually happened and how much Renee and Carla knew about what he promised Alicia. Because it was just a friendship, which Renee seems to be suggesting, and Eddie never told Renee or Carla that he was supposed to end his friendship, I don’t see how Alicia has any right to be pissed and I don’t see anything at all shady in Renee’s behavior. But, Renee, by refusing to say what she knows, is making all of this seem like a really shady situation and herself seem like a major hypocrite for her treatment of the other Carla last season.

Anyway, this was an eye opening episode in terms of just how Crazy Renee is. We start out at Drita’s place where they are renovating. Drita is showing Big Ang (Yay!) the changes and tells us that the last time they remodeled the house, Lee decided to rob a bank and ended up in prison. Drita is still worried about Aleeya getting bullied at school and is stressed about the renovations, so they decide a Girl’s Night out is just the ticket.

Alicia is done listening to several years worth of wiretaps and feels like she is married to a complete stranger. I’m not sure how much of that I believe. It seems like she is trying to build a really good foundation for her own defense with this story line. But, I’m just going to go with it. She talks to her shit head of a brother about how betrayed she feels. He pretty much brushes her off and tells her to accept that it is what it is. She seems to take this as him being supportive – so maybe she really didn’t have any idea what her husband was up to. She can’t seem to differentiate between her brother being a dick and him being supportive, so she is probably very easy to lie to.

Renee and her friend Nikole are having dinner and she brings up the Eddie/Carla/Alicia situation. Turns out that Nikole actually dated Eddie a long time ago. I wonder if Alicia knows that? Is Nikole still friends with Eddie?

renee-nikole

I hate the muddy nature of all of this. If it’s going to be a story line this season, we should have more details. I kind of see Renee’s point that it isn’t her place to involve herself in her friends’ marriage. But, I think all of the prevaricating and claims of not being a rat are making Eddie and her look guilty of doing something really really shady.

Renee is going on a first date since the Junior situation. She stops by Drita’s to get her makeup done. She is nervous and wonders how much she should tell him about her life. I am sure that this date is a paid actor and knows all about the shenanigans in Renee’s background. Anyway, Renee thinks this guy is super hot (and he is kind of cute in that dumb looking guy kind of way). He is also the first guy she has ever dated who had never been to jail – this guy is definitely a plant by producers. Renee is totally in over share mode with this guy. She tells him about her dad being in prison and her husband being the rat who helped put him there before they even get their appetizers. The guy looks a little scared, but still willing to see this through.

date

8 comments on “Mob Wives Recap: Smells Delicious

1. labowner says:

I am assuming Renee’s not wanting to rat stems from her dealing with her dad and ex-hubby. We are trying to project normal behavior onto people who don’t live in a normal world. When was the last time any of us listened to a wire tap of a loved one?

I have no idea what to think about the date.

2. TN Gal says:

You are correct. I cannot begin to fathom 41 counts of fraud against me. But then again, I’m not a big-spendin’, sister-in- law hatin’, NJ housewife married to a brown smurf. Gawd bless.

3. TN Gal says:

I had a nice comment all typed out about the show and recap. Then the Grinch came and stole it while I was trying to post. So I’ll just say thanks for a great recap, and Big Ang would be the funnest grandmother ever.

I’m not sure it is a total overreaction, but at least it wasn’t “You smell so delicious I could just eat you up!” Then again, who says, “You smell delicious” without meaning something. It’s a mystery.

Was it just me, or was Renee’s “date” looking about 15 years too young for her? Either she is aging poorly (who wouldn’t with all that crap) or if they are close to the same age he’s aging well.

I just wanna say all youse whores smell delicious! Happy Holidays to youse.

6. yeknom yeknom says:

LMAO@ Aunt Dorsey.

Here’s my take on the whole “delicious” comment. I think delicious, to Renee, has a more come-on vibe than telling someone you smell nice. If Big Ang or Drita had said “don’t you smell nice” or something along those more innocent lines, Renee might have been okay with it, but for Natalie, who she’s just met and who her 2 good friends have just b*tched about being inappropriate calling her man ‘delicious’ was out of bounds. Renee doesnt know Natalie well enough to know if that comment was as innocent as it was to Natalie. Plus they showed Big Ang & Drita telling the camera that Renee gets super cray-cray when it comes to her man, so they know what to say/not say.

Natalie unfortunately has no idea that the way she acts with her friends (that have known her longer), might not always be appropriate w/people you’re just getting to know. I’m with Drita on the whore thing (and not only cause I love me some Drita and cannot stand Natalie). If someone I didnt know called me a whore, I’d be offended. Even more if the girl saw I was offended and instead of saying “oh my bad, I didnt mean to offend” went on to say who-ore to me over & over again. It would have been an easy fix, but Natalie insists on being right and seems to be someone who uses “well that’s just how I am” as an excuse to be an asshole.

Also….for what it’s worth…for someone who doesnt give a f*ck what people think about her, Natalie sure gets heated when they dont think of her as highly as she thinks of herself.

7. sheesh sheesh says:

Big Ang wants to have a baby. A child of her own. From her. Biological and all that.
    Hang on.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAshitHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAwhatevahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAi’llgetpregnantbeforeyougetpregnantHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAandi’mfuckingoldHAHAHAHAHAadoption?HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAgoodfuckingluckiththatHAHAHAHAHAHAHAnicetryforastorylineHAHAHAHAgodloveyaAngHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa!
    That felt good.
    I can skip my workout today.

8. freeasabird says:

Sad episode. Renee, get some help. Seriously. Get help. Usually I watch for amusement (I cannot take these ladies at all seriously in any way), but this was pretty bad. Watching someone who looks like she has mental health issues, slowly descend into in abyss is pretty sad. And here’s a tip: It wasn’t the guy…she just met……who looks like he’s about to admit he’s on parole in an upcoming episode.