amazon stuff

Sister Wives Recap: Shark Tank | TrashTalkTV

tip jar tttv thank you

Sister Wives Recap: Shark Tank

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 17.58.39

Whiteboards and flip charts!  Welcome to the 1970s!

Howdy, Trashmii!  Welcome to an extremely educational episode of Sister Wives.  We learned so much in this ep:

1.  The Browns cemented their reputation as Most Delusional Family in America, with their pitch for millions in VC for the little side business Robyn’s got going;

2.  Apart from Janelle, not one Brown adult knows anything about business;

3.  Speaking of Janelle, she’s chopped liver to the rest of them;

4.  The Queen Mother is a class A bitch.  That’s not news, but it bears repeating.

We open with Kody recapping the disastrous visit to Stan and Amy’s venture capital company a few weeks earlier.  Christine tells us they now have 20 days to get a business plan together and make a pitch.  That would, of course, be enough time for anyone else to come up with a polished, professional presentation.  The Browns?  Well, if flip charts and binders are your idea of a slick, high-tech presentation, prepare to be delighted!

In a meeting, Kody tells the adults they have to decide what their goal is.  I thought it was to make money while working as little as possible, and milk the TLC gravy train for all it’s worth, right?  Janelle stresses they have to make a coherent presentation.  HAHAHAHAH  There’s some talk about it being important that they still like each other once they’ve “agreed on a direction” for the company, given their divergent views.  QM interjects “Why do we have to like each other?”  Cause you’re supposed to be some kind of freaking quasi-Christian?  Cause they’re your sister wives?  Cause they manage not to throttle you on a daily basis?

On the couch, Robyn talks about how living and working together means they sometimes bring their personal lives into the business (pointing at QM).  QM protests, “Why are you pointing at me?”  Robyn “innocently” says it’s because she’s sitting next to QM.  Sure. . .

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next →

Screen Shot 2014-08-18 at 3.31.14 PM-1

9 comments on “Sister Wives Recap: Shark Tank

1. LynnB says:

Maybe they should go on Shark Tank! They would be devoured in five mins. Meri is barely tolerable and Robin and Christine are delusional…my son who just graduated as a marketing major was hysterical laughing asking if any of them ever even opened one book about marketing and/or business? I would have to think…NO! That is some ugly heavy looking jewelry and like you said..who would pay all that money? This recap was awesome…I especially love the captions. IF I were Janelle, I would run away from that family as fast as I could.

2. Merry says:

Now I’m not saying I could have put together a better presentation in about an hour when I was in high school…oh wait, yes I am, because I did. Just to start, have none of these people heard of PowerPoint? Nothing says “we can run a successful online business” like freaking PAPER charts. You’re totally right PennyDreadful, there are a ton of free marketing opportunities on social media, but if these dimwits don’t get that PowerPoint is step one of a business presentation, I wouldn’t assume that they’ve even heard of Facebook, etc.

(And yeah, yeah, Kody’s on Twitter. Sure. I truly don’t believe he could string even 140 characters together into anything coherent, much less intelligent. Being a twit doesn’t equal understanding of Twitter.)

You can totally tell that Janelle does not belong with this freak show. You know, Janelle had a dream too and that was completely trampled over so Robyn could make butt ugly jewelry. I hope Janelle gets out when her last kid hits 18 because she doesn’t need this crap. #freejanelle

4. Myauntfanny says:

Janelle actually has a degree in accounting, runs a b2b type business (EZPantry) and she’s the only likeable personality among them. Yet, like you said she’s chopped liver to these idiots. She left Kody once, I hope she can do it again for good.
    On a happier note, no sign of long sleeve shirts under camisoles this episode. :)

5. gapeach says:

Wow!! I’ve seen Junior Achievement pitches better than this one!! I had a friend over when I watched this and he wanted to watch a movie instead. I said, “We will, just wait. I haven’t seen this yet but I think you’ll enjoy it. You like Shark Tank, right?” He said yes and we were off!! It was hysterical! QM crying about how she had to present and only had a week to plan something. I couldn’t believe they were pitching for investment dollars – asking for 2.5 mil? For real???? I wouldn’t give them $2.50!!!

6. Lisa says:

More accurately, Kody should have said to the investors ” everything we touch turns to fool’s gold”

7. sweetblondie says:

1. 500 units totalled 180K????? sooo confused!!!
    2. Fucken Meri…
    3. Didn’t Christine and Janelle get their realtors licenses? Why aren’t they doing that while Robin doing MSWC? Why? WHY?

8. abermarm says:

Can anyone believe Codys sex talk with Mykelti and her boyfriend? I have to ask a very simple question; If kissing makes the male dna live in the girls mouth (and presumably vagina) forever and thus is disgusting for the girls future husband…well, where is Codys outrage having to deal with Robyns disgusting dirty dirty mouth?

9. Heather Keet says:

I’ve been on vacation and missed this recap when it first came out….

and I think I took the wrong vacation.

Obviously, the correct vacation was to go to the Disneyland that lives inside of these idiot’s minds. Now there’s a vacation! I mean, they live in the land of unicorns and rainbows where the money just rains from the sky!

And one day some chicken is going to run around screaming the sky has fallen.

And we will all laugh our evil genius laughs as we rub our hands together gleefully.